Registration is open!
Race Details for 2017
Included in your race registration
- All participants start in an authentic starting gate
- All finishers receive a custom medal and finisher tshirt
- Chronotracks timing on the back of your bib with live results
- Stroller friendly! But all strollers must start in the final wave (you will need to walk to right of starting gate when race begins and not go through gate.)
Adult 5K Run/Walk: $37
Senior 5K Run/Walk: $33
Youth 5K Run/Walk (under 17): $23
Kids’ Races (under 12): $23
- Race day registration (6:30 a.m.)
- 5K Open Race – Wave start (8:00 a.m.)
- 5K Walk (8:20 a.m.)
- Entertainment, music, food (8:30 a.m.)
- Kids’ 6- Furlong Race (7-12 years) (9:45 a.m.)
- Homestretch Dash (6 & under) (10:05 a.m.)
- Awards ceremony (10:15 a.m.)
- Thoroughbred racing on Santa Anita Derby Day (5:00 p.m.)
- $750,000 Santa Anita Derby (2:45p.m.)
- 7:00 min/mile & under (8:00 a.m.)
- 8:00 min/mile (8:02 a.m.)
- 9:00 min/mile (8:04 a.m.)
- 9:30 min/mile(8:06 a.m.)
- 10:00 min/mile (8:08 a.m.)
- 10:30 min/mile (8:10 a.m.)
- 11:00 min/mile (8:12 a.m.)
- 11:30 min/mile (8:14 a.m.)
- 12:00 min/mile (8:16 a.m.)
- Walkers (8:20 a.m.)
Santa Anita Park is located just east of Pasadena off the I-10 and 210 freeways. The address is: Santa Anita Park, 285 W. Huntington Drive, Arcadia, CA 91007. Use specially marked “sticker lane” through Gate #3 or Gate #8.
The kids’ run offer children ages 12 & under an opportunity to “run like the ponies” in a 6-Furlong, 3/4-mile race around the track. Those 6 & under will run in the “Homestretch Dash” down the track’s straightaway. All finishers receive a commemorative medal, T-shirt and goodie bag! Awards will be given to the top 3 finishers in the following age groups: 6 & under, 7-9, and 10-12. The kids races begin at 9:45 am.
Packet Pick Up
Beat the race day rush and pick up your shirt, bib and goodie bag in advance. Packet pick up will occur Friday, April 7 from 4:00 pm to 6:30 pm inside the Promenade area of Westfield Santa Anita. You are able to pick up for friends and family, just bring a copy of their signed waiver. If you can’t pick up in advance, you can pick up race morning starting at 6:30 am outside of Gate 3 at Santa Anita Park.
Proceeds benefit Arcadia High School, El Monte High School, Alhambra High School, Arroyo High School, the Gilb Museum of Arcadia Heritage and CARMA, which raises money for retired California racehorses.
Santa Anita Park
Santa Anita Park is located just east of Pasadena off the I-10 and 210 freeways at 285 W. Huntington Drive, Arcadia, CA 91007. When arriving for the 5K, please use the specially marked “sticker lane” through Gate #3 or Gate #8. Take full advantage of your race entry, which includes a parking pass and an admission pass for a day of Thoroughbred racing on Santa Anita Derby Day. For more information about racing and legendary Santa Anita Park, please visit www.santaanita.com.