Frequently Asked Questions
Beat the race day rush and pick up your materials in advance of the race! All registered participants will receive a bib, tshirt, and goodie bag. If you can’t make it to any of the Expo days, don’t fret; you’re welcome to send a friend or family member to Expo to pick up your race day necessities – as long as they come armed with a copy of everyone’s ID and waiver.
Dates & Times
- Friday, April 7, 2017 – 4:00 pm to 6:30 pm at Westfield Santa Anita Mall Promenade
- Saturday, April 8, 2017 (RACE MORNING) – 6:00 am to 8:15 am at Gate 3 of Santa Anita Park
Pricing goes up! Secure the best price by registering early. Current prices is as follows:
Adult 5K: $37
Seniors 5K: $33
Kids 5K (under 17): $23
Kids races: $23
Because $5 of your entry can go towards one of our charities, we currently don’t offer any discounts. As a reminder, your entry fee includes a tshirt, medal, free track pass, two beers in the beer garden for the over 21 crowd to a full day of horse racing and chronotrack timing.
Yes, they just need to bring a copy of your signed waiver. The waiver is in their confirmation email.
Yes, family or friends who are their to support their participants can access the event free of charge with our track pass. Passes can be obtained at packet pick up or on race morning near the entrance of the event. Passes are good for admission to the 5K race and Derby races later that day. Passes must be obtain before 9 am on race day.
Due to the size of our event, strollers are allowed under the following conditions:
- Running with strollers is NOT allowed in the 5K. Only walking with a stroller.
- Strollers in the 5K MUST line up in the final two waves, on the right hand side. Anyone who is in an earlier corral will be called out by the announcer.
- Strollers do not fit through the starting gate. You will need to go around the gate to the right.
We thank you in advance for your cooperation. The policies are in place to ensure the best and safest experience for all 6,000 of our friends.
While we love our four-legged friends, due to the size of the event, dogs are not allowed. Please leave them at home race morning.
Our event is rain or shine.
If you can’t make the race but still want to participate, you can register as a virtual runner and receive an event t-shirt. Registered virtual runners will receive their t-shirt in the mail, 1-2 weeks after the event.